How To Help Your Baby Sleep Away From Home
Are you sleeping away from home with your baby soon? These top tips from @careitoutsleepconsultant are for you! Being honest there’s no magic wand to making your baby sleep well whilst away. It’s totally out of your control.
And I know you probably don’t want to hear that! But here’s some tips that can certainly help your baby sleep:
- Pack a slept in cot sheet and pair of pjs. Familiar objects can help your baby settle in strange places.
- Use a baby sleep spray for a few weeks before you go and take it with you to spritz before sleep. A familiar scent can be comforting and help cue your baby it’s sleep time.
- Take a couple of your favourite bedtime books to read together.
- If there’s room you can also take a couple of their bath toys.
- Using mobile white noise can help your baby nap out and about and it can be a sleep saviour in noisy holiday homes or hotels.
- A travel blackout blind can be a massive help if your holiday home is very bright or has thin curtains.
- Take their dummy, comforter and sleeping bag plus spare if you use them.
- Don’t forget their cup if they have milk before sleep or water at night. My all time favourite cup is the glow in the dark tum tum cup.
If you've found this helpful, take a read of our Must Know Travel Tips here.